Min/Max boom size

• Hi all, I've had a bit of a read around the site (I don't have the spray app yet) but can't determine if there is a minimum boom size setting within the app.

I have some pretty tough country to navigate and the new boom I'm making will only be 1.5m width ie not much wider than the bike.

Will the app support a boom this small? Is there a minimum width it will support?

Thanks in anticipation.

Steve

• @bolts For the BU 353 antenna that is currently supported (other NMEA antennae should work in theory) your best accuracy comes from pass to pass instead of the accuracy of any one particular point. If you are going back and forth with the bike at that width you should have a decent highlighting on the map, however, the maps can be off too, so if possible in your situation you would probably be well to drive around the outside of the field/known area on the map and see how well it matches up with the map.

Here is a link for a free download from the Microsoft Store:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=532540&mstoken=QMXDQ-FD769-2WTW2-YY3FW-P24RZ

Link to BU-353 antenna on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008200LHW/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B008200LHW&linkCode=as2&tag=techdiode02-20&linkId=9d206edb53cdf29158fc07cb6822deca

• Thanks for the reply @johnsonjp34. Sorry for the delay - I did not get a notification by email (- it may well have been caught by the firewall so I will check)

That makes good sense about the accuracy and a good idea with the boundary lap. We sometimes do such a lap if sowing at night using the tractor based systems.

May I just clarify with you please...

• the app is native to iOS
    • an iphone with the app and good gps exposure will be ok. Note: this is spot/block spraying weeds etc. and not high accuracy sowing etc.
    • the app settings will support a spray boom this small.

Very cool app - look forward to hearing a bit more!

Thanks again,

Steve

• @bolts This is the Open Source App for Windows, Mac, & Linux. Although similar to the Android and iOS apps, it is not the same app. But just like the Android and iOS version it does work well for "this is spot/block spraying weeds etc. and not high accuracy sowing etc." The Dual Electronics XGPS150 bluetooth antenna last I saw still works with the iOS app.

As an open source project we hope to have people experiment with some higher accuracy antenna systems to advance this project. Thanks for checking it out. Hopefully we can do a write up one of these days comparing/testing some other antenna options.